BOC Live at T-Rex club

Michael G Karschner pookadad at DELTANET.COM
Tue Jul 15 01:33:50 EDT 1997

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 wrote:

> As someone else noted last week, why the extended solos by the
> non-original members?  Esp. since it's clear that these guys are
> simply hired hands.
>
> theo

I simply must vehemently disagree here!!  Danny Miranda is NOT simply a
"hired hand!"  He's become an integral part of the band, and a
motivating force up on stage.  A the Bakersfield and Mission Beach
(especially Mission Beach) shows, he was an inspiration with his bass,
roaming around the stage, getting the fans wild.  His solo during
Godzilla was amazing, people were going crazy and screaming for Danny
just as much as the do for Buck.  Through everything, you can always
tell that Danny is just flat out having a GREAT time--it's infectious,
and the crowd can definitely feel it.  I, for one, wish his solo in
Godzilla could be even longer, and that he could have more solos!  My
opinion, anyway. <shrug>

-- Mike