BOC Live at T-Rex club

Tue Jul 15 09:18:17 EDT 1997

>I simply must vehemently disagree here!!  Danny Miranda is NOT simply a
"hired hand!"  He's become an integral part of the band, and a
motivating force up on stage.  A the Bakersfield and Mission Beach
(especially Mission Beach) shows, he was an inspiration with his bass,
roaming around the stage, getting the fans wild.  His solo during
Godzilla was amazing, people were going crazy and screaming for Danny
just as much as the do for Buck.  Through everything, you can always
tell that Danny is just flat out having a GREAT time--it's infectious,
and the crowd can definitely feel it.  I, for one, wish his solo in
Godzilla could be even longer, and that he could have more solos!  My
opinion, anyway. <shrug>

I agree - of course, I'm biased toward good bass players (something I can
only dream to become).  Danny has definitely cemented his place in the
current BOC, at least as far as live shows goes (and until "the Wheel"
comes out, that really is all there is to BOC, other than the memories).
Danny is young (well, compared to the rest of the band - he is, though,
my age - an "old fart" at 33), talented, and full of energy onstage.
BOC needs this kind of energy onstage - Al, Joe, and Eric used to
provide it (Buck and Allen were never really "animated"), and now that
energy is really projected by Danny and Buck (Buck moves around and
shows more emotion and love of playing than he ever did in BOC's heyday).
I understand that Danny also writes music, however with the new album
basically having been written prior to Danny's arrival, it remains to be
seen whether or not we'll ever see any Danny Miranda compositions done by
BOC.

John