BOC; Danny is More!/Help Wanted

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Jul 15 09:32:34 EDT 1997

> As someone else noted last week, why the extended solos by the
> non-original members?  Esp. since it's clear that these guys are
> simply hired hands.
>
> theo

>I simply must vehemently disagree here!!  Danny Miranda is NOT simply a
>"hired hand!"  He's become an integral part of the band, and a
>motivating force up on stage.

>Mike

Perhaps you are both right.  While Danny is blessed with excellent
skills and  gives a solid performance the band itself seems to treat him
as only a hired hand.  Danny provides good backup vocals why not let him
do some lead?  If Eric continues to struggle with his voice then it
makes sense to let Danny give it a whirl.  Buck can't sing every song.
Last I saw them Buck did Cities on Flame; sounded just as bad as Eric
trying to do D&S.

>Don't forget "Live '76" for all it's technical faults it has it's moments...
ChrisW

Hmmm I don't know about Live 76.  Was this an official release?  I'm
trying to stay within the catalog so my bud can get anything that
impresses him.  Bottlegs and rare stuff may be too hard to find.  I gave
away my copy on cd but still have the video.  Seeing as how the sound
quality is equally as bad if there is some compelling version on it I
can always dub it from the video I guess.  With that recommendation what
song(s) would you recommend be included in Chronicles I?

L8er

lil' ab

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances.
He does not wear the "hello my name is" badge.
He strikes from below like a viper.
Or from up high like a penny being dropped from the tallest building
around.
He has but one purpose, to do bad things to good people with science!" -
Chromedome

OBcd - The Revolution By Night, U-NO-WHO