More Danny & Live '76

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Jul 16 12:22:03 EDT 1997

Theo>"Hey, dudes, read my whole post.  I said Danny was a monster bass
player, but I don't see him as an equal partner in the band.  Live,
they really come across as 3OC and the 2 other guys.  That's not
Danny's fault."

Well Theo my "Horse" (Galactic Cowboys "The Horse that Bud
Bought')didn't come in yesterday which makes me extremely angry so I'll
beat this dead horse issue a bit more.  I certainly read your whole post
and agree with you. It has nothing to do with Danny's playing but rather
the limitations they seemed to have placed on him.  Why can't Danny do
lead vocals on Cities on Flame or some of the other numbers that were
reserved for Eric?  I think it would help their live performances if
Danny were allowed to step up to the mic.  He could not sound worse than
Buck trying to siong the rockers.

>Live '76 is a great example of Al's over-the-top drumming.  And
>finally, Stairway on a live record, though hardly a great
>rendition...

Again with the Live 76?  I remain unconvinced.  Is the Drumming any
better than Al's passionate pounding on Feet/Knees?  What live version
on this offering is better than anything on SEE, Feet Knees or even ETL?
 To the FAQ editor, is Live 76 and official release?  I don't think it
is.  I dunno on this one guys.  Certainly I think if I do use one off
this offering I'll dub it from the video, sound quality may be a bit
better.  But which song would you recommend.

Here is the initial track list for each Chronicle thus far:

Chronicle 1 -

>From BOC

Transmanicon MC
Last Days of May
Stairway to the Stars
Redeemed

>From T&M

OD'd on Life Itself
Baby Ice Dog
Mistress of the Salmon Salt
Wings Wetted Down *

>From ST -

Career of Evil
Dominance & Submission
Gagey Cretins
Flaming Telepaths

>From Feet -

Subhuman
Buck's Boogie
Cities on Flame
ME 262
Astronomy**

* 50/50 on this one
** May cheat and use the SEE version.  Astronomy is a must for C-1
however the live version is so compelling I may make this an exception.

C- 2

>From AOF -
Vera Gemini
Sinful Love
Tatoo Vampire

Specters
Golden Age of Leather
Serchin' for Celine
I Love the Night
Nosferatu

Mirrors -

The Great Sun Jester
The Vigil
I Am the Storm

CE -

Monsters
Hungry Boys
Lips in the Hills
Unknown Tongue

FoUO -

Vengance the Pact
Fire of Unknown Origin

ETL

Black Blade
Roadhouse Blues *
Joan Crawford

SEE
ETI
Reaper

* Well Swartz always uses the term "essential" when mentioning this
song, guess I'm convinced it is. 8>).

C3 -

RBN

Take Me Away
Shooting Shark
Feel The Thunder
Dragon Lady

CN -
Dancin' in the Ruins
Perfect Water
Spy in the House of the Night
Shadow Warrior

Imaginos -Everything off this one.

L8er

lil' ab

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances.
He does not wear the "hello my name is" badge.
He strikes from below like a viper.
Or from up high like a penny being dropped from the tallest building
around.
He has but one purpose, to do bad things to good people with science!" -
Chromedome

OBCD - Reserved for the Galactic Cowboys "The Horse that Bud Bought"