Love in Space promo single CD

Alun Hughes a.hughes at NEWI.AC.UK
Thu Jul 17 07:02:07 EDT 1997

It seems the problem is Internet-wide.

- Alun

---JANET Trouble Ticket---

Ticket Number: 970717-3                    Ticket Status: OPEN
Ticket Type  : Unscheduled                 Ticket Source: JIPS-NOSC
Ticket Scope : InterNet                    Site/Line    : DNS Root Servers
Ticket Owner : JIPS-NOSC                   Problem Fixer: InterNIC
Ticket Opened: 970717 10:16 UTC            Problem Start: 970717 10:16 UTC
Ticket Update:
Ticket Closed:                             Problem Ends :

Ticket Summary: Root nameserver problems

Problem Description:

There appears to be a problem with many of the root DNS nameservers
at the moment, which is causing massive disruption to the Internet
as a whole, particularly on lookups in the .com and .net domains.
 .gov and .edu are reportedly working correctly.

Affected:

DNS lookups, particularly under .com and .net.  The problem first
started in the early hours of this morning.

Actions:

cziadar 970717 10:22 UTC
The InterNIC are aware of the problem, and are reportedly regenerating
zone files to correct the problem.

h.root-servers.net and i.root-servers.net appear to be responding
correctly at the time of writing.