off/other: internet outage (was RE: Love in Space promo single CD)

Allan T. Grohe, Jr. AGrohe at IGATE.SPRINT.COM
Thu Jul 17 11:07:40 EDT 1997

i ask because i work for sprint's its dept, and we've got a major
fibercut going on throughout the eastern USA--wasn't sure if this was
related

allan.

From:  BOC-L
Sent:  Thursday, July 17, 1997 8:33 AM
To:  Grohe, Allan T.;
Subject:  Re: off/other:  internet outage (was RE: Love in Space promo
single              CD)

It still seems to be a problem as far as I can see. The
"ticketting system" is used by UKERNA, who run the JANET
network for UK higher education. I happened to see this
one because it was forwarded to owners of distribution
lists who use the MAILBASE system in the UK (I run two
lists), but as appropriate they go to my staff (I'm responsible
for this college's academic computing service, amongst
other things).

Alun