BOC Remasters

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Jul 22 09:04:55 EDT 1997

Theo said>If Sony does have full rights to the catalog [or most of it]
then
they could indeed issue remasters and make some money off it.  I
don't know how expensive a process this is, or if there is a
sufficient market out there to support such a project.  But given the
way Sony has been releasing re-masters lately [c.f. the Byrds
catalog, which includes lots of new material, alternate takes, etc,
BTW] then I suspect that it must be a cost-effective enough operation
even if they don't sell millions of product.  MHO only...

Understood.  Still if they had to pay the band royalties for this then
thats just more on the cost side of the ledger.  I think that unless
Sony thought they would make TONS of money they will not bother with the
project. Years ago after they had stopped playing, Mike Levine purchased
the rights to all of Triumph's catalog.  Each disc was remastered and
reissued.  Levine even played around somewhat with the track listings,
hence two different titles called "Rock n' Roll Machine." Now all sales
on the TRC label go directly to his pockets.  Seeing the BOC catalog in
Al or Buck's hands would be wonderful.  Remaster and repackage (with
lyrics) and perhaps add a demo or other song to each as a bonus.

Off topic:  Its official, King's X joins fellow rockers Galactic Cowboys
on the Metal Blade label.  Three album deal.  Kewl.  In addition, the
new Savatage is invading soon.

L8er

lil' ab

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances.
He does not wear the "hello my name is" badge.
He strikes from below like a viper.
Or from up high like a penny being dropped from the tallest building
around.
He has but one purpose, to do bad things to good people with science!" -
Chromedome