HW: SR Q's

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Tue Jul 22 11:34:33 EDT 1997

>>Sorry, but there is no such thing.  Also, the neck would be wide as hell
>on a 8-string.  I have a 6-string bass, and the neck on that is twice the
>>width of the one the guitarist is playing in the pic.
>>

>There certainly have been such things, on the same principle as the
12-string guitar.  I haven't seen one in about twenty years, but I guess
that's the >age of the photos ;-{)>

Hagstrom (from Sweden) made an 8-string bass in the '60's.  I think it was
tuned like a 12-string guitar.

Chris

ObCD:  MX-80 _Out of Control_ (reissue of this Ralph band's 2nd and 3rd
LP's - brilliant!)