Days of the underground - Magic Michael????

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Jul 22 15:27:10 EDT 1997

>Flippin' thru (in more ways than one) Kris Tait's HW book, there was
>mention of the band (?) Magic Michael losing out to a power cut at the
>Greasy Trucker's Party. Is it possible this could either be a) Moorcock or
>b) some other Michael or c) all of the above d) none of the above or e) a
>figment of my imagination

God, I hope not.  For the life of me I can't figure out why Magic Michael
is on that album.  I've heard better guitar at street corners, and his
singing is so annoying I can't listen more than ten seconds into it.
Magic Michael is one lone guy with an acoustic guitar, though some people
in the audience seem to get ahold of the mike (no pun intended) at times...

The way my GTP goes, Man is on first, then Brindsley Schwartz (who I like
a hell of a lot but can't find anything else by, then Magic Michael and
last Hawkwind.

The powercut was sort of between Man and Brindsley.  During Man someone
mentioned there might be a powercut and asked if anyone had a generator,
and Brindlsey (I think) mentioned that they all had fun groping in the dark...

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random