Basses

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Jul 23 17:31:30 EDT 1997

Theo said>Funny, as the Hagstrom had a pretty thin neck considering its
configuration.  And The Hamer 12 string is actually narrower than a
six string bass, albeit the principle of operation is entirely
different...

Doug Pinnick of KX plays a 12 string Hamer, decent picture of the head
and neck on the inside sleeve of Ear Candy.  It is rather narrow.

Theo>When can we expect an album from KX?  And what's Ty's solo disc
like, BTW?

How about two?  They recently signed with Metal Blade after negotiating
with several companies.  This is a three album deal.  While shopping and
negotiating they carried the latest album with them.  It supposed to be
pretty close to the final product but they'll probably fool around with
it some more.  Their official website usually has some clips on it.
Atlantic, their former label, was due at least another album and they
plan on releasing a greatest hits type package with some extras.  One
delicious tidbit that the band says will be included is an 8+ min live
version of Over My Head.  If you know the band and this song you can
imagine what that will sound like.  Both may actually be released very
close to each other, sometime this fall/winter.  Word on Ty's Solo disc
is OUTSTANDING STUFF.  Its available mail -order only from the official
KX website. I'll open my browser and send you the web address
separately.

Theo>And why hasn't BOC hooked up with CMC, a really cool label that has
no problem making deals with other Dino bands, and even put out this
year's Summerdaze disc?  Ya gotta wonder what's up with 3OC's
management.  If ever a band was tailor-made for a label, this is
it...

Hell why not Metal Blade.  MB gave Y&T a one shot deal, their Live
Farewell (highlky recommended).  They re-released an Alice Cooper album
that his original record company pulled back.  The young artist on Metal
Blade still believe in true rock not the grunge/alterna stuff.  Bands
like Fates Warning and the Galactic Cowboys are in the fold.  Certainly
a name like "Metal Blade" is consistent with a band  that helped spark
the Heavy Metal revolution of America.  I thinks its a natural.  CMC is
the place for Geezer bands though.  They even have a separate CMC
display in Best Buy now.

But for those of you who think BOC is weird and somewhat clueless, how
about Saigon Kick.  They bring back their original lead vocalist, do a
couple of local shows featuring only music from the first two albums.
The guy leaves.  Meanwhile SK signs with Atlantic (I think) and will
re-name themselves Flat.  They have already produced their last album as
Saigon Kick but their first as Flat will probably come out before the
last SK.  Weird stuff.

L8er

lil' ab

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances.
He does not wear the "hello my name is" badge.
He strikes from below like a viper.
Or from up high like a penny being dropped from the tallest building
around.
He has but one purpose, to do bad things to good people with science!" -
Chromedome

OB Parting shot - Loved the roaches in the microwave story, maybe thats
the kind of stuff Chromedome was referring to.