OFF: Spiritualized

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jul 24 13:16:08 EDT 1997

In article <199707241558.KAA13203 at wcic.org>, John Majka
<flossbac at WCIC.ORG> writes
>The new Spiritualized album is called "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating
>In Space" and the packaging is made to look like a prescription drug box,
>complete with pharamaceutical directions for use.  It's pretty cool though
>I've only listened to it once so far.  I'm really into this dreamy stuff,
>including stuff like Pale Saints, ESP Summer, Lush, My Bloody Valentine,
>Cocteau Twins, Spacemen 3, etc.  It's an album worth picking up if you're
>into that sort of thing.  Nothing much like Hawkwind of course.
>John Majka

I'm not sure that it's a million miles from the Hawks myself, although I
wouldn't argue that indefinately. I think there's a certain vibe in
common. A love of spacesuits, for a start. <g> The big difference is HW
is Acid/Spacerock, Spiritualised are Perscription Meds/Spacerock!

Chris, I do recommend the new one. The packaging is really something if
nothing else. It does have more rock-out numbers on it than LGM with a
couple of real white noise zone outs. But then half of it is still very
"floaty". I like it a *whole lot*
--
Jon Browne