Days of the underground/talk to Michael Moorcock!

C Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Sat Jul 26 15:41:41 EDT 1997

> > > Do you have much of his early comics material. I have quite a few
> > issues
> > > of Boy's Own, which has Wrath of the Gods (by Moorcock) in it.

What is Wrath Of The Gods like? Would you be willing to work out some trade
of photocopies of something (if possible)?

> I haven't seen anything of the Tarzan strip apart from a photo of a
> cover in a book I have. I have an adaptation of Jewel in the Skull by
> James Cawthorn. It also has an interview with him where he says that he
> was the Tarzan artist, so there may be some similarity after all!

I knew I'd seen something on that somewhere. I'm not too big on Cawthorn's
work, but I really liked his Jewel In The Skull adaptation. I can't imagine
him doing Tarzan though! In "Death Is No Obstacle" Moorcock discusses some
of his early comics work too which is interesting.

> > BTW Do you know anything about Druillet's pirated Elric comic that
> > came out
> > in the mid-late 60's? I know Moorcock took the publishers to court and
> > won,
> > and thus had it withdrawn. If anyone has this or can make copies I'll
> > trade
> > an arm and a leg!
>
> I haven't heard of that one, but I would love to see it, as I am rather
> fond of Druillet's work.

Anybody?

Christian

> William

---------

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

                                     - Julian Cope