Bob Rudich has passed on....

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Jul 28 16:11:52 EDT 1997

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Bernhard Pospiech wrote:

> I am shocked!!!!
>
> Rudy was a real friend, and a very sympathetic person.
> I had very often e-mail contact with him. And we traded some HAWKWIND stuff
> We discussed lot of about HAWKWIND and SCIENCE FICTION and I always enjoyed
> his intelligent mails
>
> We have lost a great friend

I can echo Bernhard's sentiment; I only ever traded private e-mail with
Rudy, not tapes or anything, but I always found him to be intelligent,
witty, laid-back, pleasant, helpful, and polite in all our correspondence.
Even when we were arguing opposing views, he maintained an amiable and
engaging civility that is rare to find on the Internet nowadays.

I'll miss him.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.cs.vt.edu              A stranger in a strange land.