Basses and strings and picks (oh my)

Tue Jul 29 07:32:08 EDT 1997

> > Too much!  Around the same time, my band did RU, Godzilla, BTBW,
> > DFtR, and We Gott Get Out [SEE-style].  Our Bass player also used a
> > SVT w/2 cabs.  I hadn't heard of HW, but I'm sure our drummer was a
> > fan, as he was a big-time prog rocker and didn't really fit with us
> > metal boys...
>
> Theo!
>
> We're we in the same band?  This is too weird.  We also played We Gott Get
> Out [SEE-style], but I'd forgot about that one.  I'm guessing you're a
> guitar player?  We ought to jam sometime.  Where do you live?  (I no longer
> have the SVT and cabs, my band made me get rid of them)
>
> Brad

Brad,
I'm way the fuck up in Syracuse NY.  I'd love to do some BOC-style
jamming.  The only music that sails in this town is Blues.  Which I
like to play, but it's kind of boring.  And I can't really let it rip
BD-style, which is my natural inclination.  Hey, I think Danny was
using SVT cabs a couple weeks ago when I saw BOC!  Anyway, back in
the old days, we really did the BOC material up right.  I used an
e-bow for Reaper and Godzilla, the whole works.  I played like Buck,
but dressed like Bloom:  shades, leather clothes, s/m imagery.  Ahh,
those were the days...
ted