HW: Acid Daze CDs

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jul 30 14:52:50 EDT 1997

Marshall Wood writes:

> Since I did so well soliciting your advice on the EMI
> remasters, I thought I'd ask for some opinions on the
> three Acid Daze CDs, cleverly titled _Volume 1_,
> _Volume 2_, and _Volume 3_.  Just going by the track-
> lists in the Hawkwind discography, these disks seem
> to have the biggest bang for the buck in terms of
> unreleased tracks, or unreleased versions of tracks.
> How is the sound quality?  Are these really scraping
> the bottom of the Hawkwind barrel, or is there some
> worthwhile material there?

You can check the codex for track versions. At one point there was
a double CD with all 3 acid daze/anthology albums on 'em.

If you need a copy of the codex then just email me.

P.S. To others, the Codex has been updated to include the latest stuff.

Someone did mention that there's a new Sporit of the Age anthology out
(who?) but I haven't seen this so I don't know if it's the same traclist
as the previous CD of that title.

Also I still haven't seen the Silver Machine compilation on Legacy? Does
anyone have this or a tracklist?

Cheers

FoFP