BOC: Theremin

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Wed Jul 30 11:38:22 EDT 1997

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Daniel Wikdahl wrote:
> For some strange reason theremins fascinate me... so I really want to know
> if BOC has used this instrument in other songs too..? and who played it..?

Can I recommend the Theremin Home Page at:
http://www.Nashville.Net/~theremin/

The only person I have ever seen playing one is Roger Ruskin Spear
(formerly of the Bonzo Dog Band) who played one which was encased in a
paper mache leg on 'Music for the Leg' and other tracks.

My all-time favourite theremin part is on 'Electricity' by Captain
Beefheart.

- Mike Godwin

PS If there are Danish dates, does that mean there are UK dates too?
If they have been posted, I missed them!