BOC: Theremin

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Jul 30 15:23:59 EDT 1997

John McIntyre wrote:

>Jimmy Page used a Theremin for the break section in "Whole Lotta Love".
>You can see it in the Led Zepplin movie.

The Song Remains the Same???
I've got it but I haven't watch it for years... maybe I should...

>For lots of Theremin footage, check out Steve Martin's documentary
>_Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey_.

Ahhh, I think I've seen this one... it's quite new, isn't it?
And I think the inventor Theremin/Termen travels to the states in the
end to meat an old women who used to play his instruments in Russia.
And she talks something about that she wanted to have a faster vibrato
in the old days and Termen fixed it for her... or something like that...
Well, it must be the same -I don't think there are so many Theremin
documentaries...
I found this film very interesting when I saw it in April/May this spring.

> NB: due to Disney's lawyers, the
>video version does not contain the footage of Sam Hoffman demonstrating
>a Theremin to the Mickey Mouse Club. 8-(

        *deep sigh*

>John McIntyre
>Participant, First International Theremin Festival

Do you play the instrument yourself...???

                -Daniel

"Vadå jultraditioner? Hos oss har vi nya traditioner varje år" (CG)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN