Off: FAITH NO MORE....?????? Norwwegian blue???????????

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Wed Jul 30 19:10:53 EDT 1997

I second Jon's sentiments wholeheartedly :-{)>

>C Mumford <cannibal at CUTEY.COM> writes
>>Christian (drunk loser-sorry boc-l Iand myself   i'm gonna regret posting
>>this ))
>
>Bravo! More! A round of applause, please, for a wonderful post.
>
>Excellente!
>--
>Jon Browne

Also, I had a bit of luck at the weekend...

I went to my Father-in-Law's place on Friday night (he'd volunteered to
babysit my son & his friend while I was going to a  party nearby on
Saturday), and the new woman in his neighbour's life volunteered during the
conversation that she was a bit of a Pat Metheny fan (bear with nme here
folks) - but as it turned out, only his patented "jazz-lite" noodlings, and
not the more adventurous stuff.  She got a very nasty shock when she got
home with a copy of "Zero Tolerance for Silence" *snigger* When I expressed
interest, she said "You can have it", I'll pass it on via Michael (my
F-i-L).  It was waiting for me when I got back from the party, along with
two Ozric Tentacles albums "Strangeitude" & "Live Underslunky".  Strange as
it may seem, I've not really heard anything of the Ozrics before, & I'm
quite impressed with the little snippets I've managed to listen to off
these albums (life is crazy right now); anyway, the point is, are these two
albums fairly representative, and which other albums of theirs are worth
checking out ?

ChrisW

ObWaitingToBePlayed: The three above plus some Beethoven by Ashkenazy, a
5CD set of Debussy piano & a set of Bartok Orchestral music & (on vinyl)
"Fat of the Land" & "Vanishing Point" (phew) - so much music, so little time!