OFF: Ozric Tentacles

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Jul 30 22:23:39 EDT 1997

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Chris Warburton wrote:

> two Ozric Tentacles albums "Strangeitude" & "Live Underslunky".  Strange as
> it may seem, I've not really heard anything of the Ozrics before, & I'm
> quite impressed with the little snippets I've managed to listen to off
> these albums (life is crazy right now); anyway, the point is, are these two
> albums fairly representative, and which other albums of theirs are worth
> checking out ?

There is a school of thought that I've oft heard expressed that goes
something like "if you've heard one Ozric Tentacles album, you've heard
'em all."  Whereas I don't subscribe to that particular theory myself,
it is fair to say that the Ozrics output is pretty homogenous, on the
whole, unlike, say, Hawkwind.  So, IMHO, the sounds you are hearing from
those albums are "fairly representative."

If you want to sample more, I'd suggest, at a minimum, you pick up
_Erpland_.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Jimi Hendrix Experience, _Are You Experienced_ (re-remastered)

e-mail: paul at gromit.cs.vt.edu              A stranger in a strange land.