HW/NIK: Sonic Attack 2001

Chuck Rosenberg chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET
Thu Jul 31 02:15:08 EDT 1997

----------
> From: Andrew
>
> We more or less agree on the 3 Turner albums you've got, so be warned, I
> think _SR94_ is pretty turgid (except for "D-Rider", that is).  Try and
> listen before you buy - some folks like it!

No, I don't reply just to disagree w/what Andrew writes! :)

I was very iffy about Nik's SR at first, but it's amazing what forcing
yourself to listen to something can do. It's still no Past or Future, but
w/every listen, I gain a little more respect...and enjoyment. It's  also
best not to compare it to or think of it as an equivalent to the _orginal_
SR. It does have its own character...

> Isn't _SA2001_ supposed to be a compilation????  Never seen it, though.

Yes! Only a couple previously unreleased tracks. I think Cleopatra is
getting desperate...many of their comps are worthwhile, but to charge
full-price for this one??

> Oh, ObFNM, I loved _King for a Day_, not so sure about _Angel Dust_,
> haven't heard much off _Album of the Year_.  And Roddy Bottum's Imperial
> Teen album, _Seasick_, is fun!  And _Live at Brixton_ has perhaps the
> best-ever "War Pigs"...
>
> - Andy

My favorite "War Pigs" (aside from Sab, of course) was always Sacred
Reich's...

Charlie

OBHWtrack: Levitation (Stonehenge)