No subject

Mike Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jul 31 16:44:31 EDT 1997

To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: (fwd) PROG POLL update
Newsgroups: alt.music.progressive,rec.music.progressive

Spotted on Usenet. Should we help?

Doug Maynard from "The Sheltering Sky" here with a few notes about the
progressive rock poll I began last week.

I have had a decent amount of voters (24) so far. Thanks to everyone
who's participated! I'd love to get over 100 voters, so if you haven't
voted yet for your top three progressive albums of all time, do so by
clicking on "Prog Rock Poll" in the index of my web page:

        http://www.bgsu.edu/~dmaynar

You can also check up on the results (as of right now) by doing the
same. So far there are 14 albums which have received more than one vote,
and two albums have received five votes.

I've changed the scoring method such that:
        Best = 5 points
        2nd  = 4 points
        3rd  = 3 points

This way, an album with any two votes is given more points than an album
with any one vote.

Thanks again for contributing!

Doug.