BOC: Be-Bop Deluxe (was Theremin & E-Bow)

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Thu Jul 31 11:48:09 EDT 1997

Sagt Theo...

> Hey, I saw Be Bop Deluxe open for BOC once.  I think it was right
> around Modern music.  Great show.  What's Nelson up to these days?
> Still the synth stuff or back to gtr playing?
> theo

Nelson has dropped the bulk of his synth stuff and has re-discovered his
guitar. I don't have his latest AFTER THE SATELLITE SINGS, which is supposed
to be a "jungle" release, but the one prior to that PRACTICALLY WIRED! was a
nice guitar workout for Mr. Nelson. Lotsa guitars, but still some synth work.
Worth a listen or two...

There was supposed to be a BBD reunion, which never panned out. Shame, I would
have loved to see/hear that (having discovered BBD right about the time they
broke up). I woud also like to see his back catalog get re-released (true story:went into a local used CD store in Laurel MD and found just about ever one of
Nelson's solo CD's in the bins. Either someone gave up on him or had their
collection stolen. Either way, they are mine now! Still want to get a CD copy
of THE LOVE THAT WHIRLS, anyone?

Time to go dig the ol' Nelson CD's out...LIVE IN THE AIR AGE, where are you?

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342  (404) 845-3404