HW: Skew the vote (maybe OFF:)

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Thu Jul 31 14:21:03 EDT 1997

> At 18:39 31.07.97 +0100, you wrote:
> >OK, I'm up for skewing the vote as best we can. I have two proper prog
> >albums I'll vote for (by Haze and The Enid) but we ought to decide on a
> >proper prog Hawkwind album. What about Levitation? Or Hall of the MG? What
> >do we reckon is the most prog HW?
>

> I'd also add Quark, Strangeness & Charm and suggest The Xenon Codex as
> other "proper" prog albums. Quark is the best!!!!! (IMO of course)
>
> Christian

Quark is good, but I think a better choice would be Warrior On The Edge Of
Time. Reason is that is thematically cohesive (aka "concept album") with the
exception of the last song. Plus it uses the Mellotron, a standard "prog-rock"
instrument (but so does HotMG, but it dosen't hang together like WotEoT does,
thematically. Quarks' first side hangs together, but the second side is a
little esoteric in song choices).

But what about BOC's Secret Treaties as a great prog album?

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342  (404) 845-3404