OFF: Jethro Tull

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Thu Jul 31 15:46:16 EDT 1997

>"Orion" is good, but what about "Dun Ringill" ?  Actually, I
>didn't really care for _Stormwatch_ the first time I heard it,
>but while my Tullitis was at its peak, I listened to it
>repeatedly, and started to really enjoy it.

HELLO THERE FRIEND IN SPACE :-) :-)

This was almost word by word what I was thinking of answer MWood myself...
"Dun Ringill" is one of my all-time fave Tull songs... and I didn't care
about Stormwatch either at first but when my Tullitis comes (I have it one
or two weeks every year) I listen to this album a lot.

[about "A"]

Never cared to buy this one... wasn't it ment to be a Ian Anderson solo-album
and not a Tull-album?

>>P.S.:  Even "Catfish Rising"?  "Rock Island"?!?!?
>
>_Catfish Rising_ has about an equal mix of hits and misses (I
>love "Rocks on the Road"), but _Rock Island_ is mostly hits
>(don't care for "Kissing Willie," but I really like "Whaler's
>Dues" and "Another Christmas Song").  I'm surprised you didn't
>mention _Under Wraps_, which is a truly horrid effort.

Both CR and RI are IMHO quite strong albums... even Kissing Willie is fun...
but "Under Wraps" is, as you say, "a truly horrid effort"...

>So that this post doesn't just concentrate on JT's mediocre
>efforts, I'll mention that my favorites are _Songs from the
>Wood_, _Heavy Horses_ (the title cut and "Moths" are two of
>the best things they've ever done)

"Acres Wild" !

, and _Broadsword and the
>Beast_.

"Pussy Willow"! ( I  t h i n k the song is called...)

 Oh, and the _20 Years of JT_ boxed set.  Almost
>forgot _Living in the Past_.  And _A Little Light Music_.
>And, and, and...  you get the idea.

And and... "Minstrel In the Gallery" and and and "Stand Up"... just trying
to help...

                -Daniel

"Vadå jultraditioner? Hos oss har vi nya traditioner varje år" (CG)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN