Summer Daze '97 in Peoria, IL

Dave Furst furstd at BOYSTOWN.ORG
Mon Jun 2 15:07:43 EDT 1997

Hi all.

I grew up in central Illinois, in and near Peoria.  Drove back friday for a visit and on the way into town heard an advert for the concert, that nite, at the civic center.  Counting lucky stars and a chance to ditch the relatives I ran downtown to get a ticket for the show.  The whole evening was pretty good.  Course BOC was the best, for me.  When they started I wound my way up to in front of the stage.  Very good show - only 1 new song - Harvest Moon - it was quite good- though I wish I had the lyric sheet with me.  I don't remember all the tunes as I forgot a pen, but to the best of my recollection:

Before the Kiss  (yeah! nice surprise)
ETI
Godzilla
Reaper
Burnin for You
Harvest Moon.

EB talked but didn't sing much at all.  Mostly Smilin' Buck D. on vocals. No keyboards - just Allen on guitar lurking in the background.  BD was all smiles - having a great time by the looks of it.  Did notice some younger fans (much) really into BOC & dancin' up a storm.  Course Central Illinois always seemed to be big time BOC country.

Now the best news yet - I already had tickets to see the tour this Friday June 6, outside Omaha/Council Bluffs. And no, once was not enough!! I think Peoria may have been the first show of the tour.  Some good BOC t-shirts for sale - 25th anniversary on back and On=tour Forever graphic with me-262 plane on the front.

I'll write more as I or if I remember more from last friday nite.

Dave