BOC: Summerdaze CD

Wed Jun 4 10:08:05 EDT 1997

I also got the Summerdaze CD.  I like it.  Of course,
the BOC stuff is great (Power Underneath Despair sounds
great, and while Reaper/Godzilla I have more than enough
of, the versions on here are decent), and the non-BOC
stuff is really good listening as well.

Some notes:

I believe Power Underneath Despair was recorded in
1994, which would be the Bloom/Dharma/Lanier/Rogers/Burgi
lineup.

The live tracks were done in 1992 during a brief hiatus
by Chuck Burgi, so it was Bloom/Dharma/Lanier/Rogers/Micelli.

The picture shown in the liner notes is in fact
Bloom/Dharma/Lanier/Rogers/Burgi lineup.  Despite the fact
that neither Danny Miranda or Bobby Rondinelli played on
these tracks (not unless Power Underneath Despair was
actually re-recorded in 1996 which would have Danny's bass),
they are listed in the liner notes as part of the line-up.
There is no mention of Burgi, Micelli, or Rogers.

Finally, the live tracks I believe are from the 6/6/92
Moscow Idaho show, although Bloom says "citizens of
Montana" at one point (of course, the 2 states border
eachother).

Eagerly anticipating "the Wheel" . . .

John

PS:  To the person (sorry I can't remember who) who was
getting a recording of the Moscow show, please send me e-mail.