BOC: Summerdaze CD

Thu Jun 5 08:33:53 EDT 1997

>one new track?  Guess I'm not a "true fan" :)

Aw c'mon Andy - go for it!  ;-)

Besides, some of us on BOC-L kept saying we'd all have plenty to talk
about BOC-wise once some new material came out.  Well, here we have the
first new BOC tune on record in the last 4 or 5 years (since Bad Channels)
so we've finally got something to talk about!

Personally, I like the new tune (Power Underneath Despair) a lot.  It's
fairly heavy, has an interesting use of an odd meter during the chorus
(it would have been easy to have kept the meter even, but a nice sense
of "urgency" is created by using it), and while many of us have complained
about John Shirley's lyrics in the past (Bad Channels tunes, See You in
Black), these seem to have a bit more content to them.  Will this song
be a hit?  Well, it doesn't sound anything like what's being played on
the radio these days (which in itself is a good thing, since a lot of
what is popular on the radio these days sucks), so I doubt it.  But, for
anyone who wants to know if BOC can still rock, this song proves it.

Johnm
    ^-- oops