HW: On the 3rd Day of Forever....

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jun 5 18:11:30 EDT 1997

On the 6th day of forever I heard a man offering me a ticket at a price
I could not refuse
On the 5th day of forever I thought of the coloured lights of Space
Ritual, the fire show of Alien
On the 4th day of forever I could remember no track that I did not love
On the 3rd day of forever I thought of the sun through a window and I
thought of a train leaving.....

Jon Jarrett writes:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Andrew Gilham wrote:
>
> > TO also says 6pm - so if we meet at 5:30, and we're early, well I guess wel'll just have to have some more beers.  Bummer.
>
>         Okay, so is that a plan? The Railway tavern at 5:30? I suggest we
> assume so unless anyone has any real problem with it. Hurrah!

Sounds good.   The station is right in the middle of Blackheath village
and the Railway Tavern is indeed likely to be virtually next door to it!
(Tho' I'm sorta intrigued by the name given that it's supposed to be
"one of the oldest buildings in Blackheath village" - either it's been
renamed or Blackheath Village is a lot more recent that I was assuming).

Blackheath Concert Halls are just south of the station at the south end
of the village (junction of Blackheath Park, Lee Road, Lee Terrace, beside
a roundabout) - just two minutes walk from the Station.

This is taken from one of the brochures:

"How to get to the halls

By Train
It will take you under 20 minutes from Central London and from Dartford.
Trains leave Charing Cross, Waterloo East and London Bridge (Mon-Fri and
weekends), from Victoria (Mon-Sat) and from Cannon Street (Mon-Fri).

By Car
The A2 or the South Circular Road provide quick and easy access to the
village.   Easy parking is available at nearby public car parks, behind
the Railway Station and Post Office.

By Bus
Bus numbers 54, 89, 108, 202 and 306 stop in Blackheath Village"

>         I have just discovered I will have to transcribe two of my Finals
> papers on Saturday on the grounds of illegibility, but I'll just have to
> do it _fast_...

yep - definitely the sort of thing you should do *before* rather than
after a Hawkwind gig  8-)

Good luck!

jill
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk