BOC: Summerdaze CD

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jun 6 16:21:37 EDT 1997

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

> I agree on this.  If this is what they are capable of, I think they could've
> put more new stuff on the album.

        What does it compare to most closely? Are we dealing with Club
Ninja style (even if better), or is it heading back towards real-sounding
BOC?
        Also, a question: if it was recorded in '94, does that mean
they've got a new version for the album, or have they been faffing around
trying to mix this since then? Neither would surprise me, but if the
former, that suggest they have other demoes in the bank. In which case,
the delay over EW is just _silly_...

> Ironically, I saw posts on alt.music.blueoystercult criticizing the wisdom
> of putting this track being put on the CD, saying they should have used
> only tunes where Buck sings if Eric can't sing them on the tour...

        By which rationale, of course, they should never ever perform
`Cities on Flame' any more... I'll go and see 'em even if Eric can't sing.
That is beginning to look permanent though, isn't it, which cannot be good
news for the band. Oh what negative things I can extrapolate from there
being new BOC, I think I need to get home for a bit, yours,
                                                            Jazza
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk        |
 |"Find the microwave and you shall find the bison!" Clare Boothby(1997)|