HW: Blackheath

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Jun 11 13:01:48 EDT 1997

Carl writes:

> On ons 11 jun 1997 15.12 "Mark Edmonds" <mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:

> > This wasn't helped
> > with releases like Zones or This is Hawkwind - not that they are bad
> > albums but they didn't seem to have much new creativity in them (most of
> > it was recycled of course).
>
>      Zones was pretty grim, though _This is Hawkwind_ was almost worth it
> for the rocked-up Psi Power :)

Actually, _This is Hawkwind, Do Not Panic_ was the first Hawkwind album I
ever heard.  In fact, "Psi Power" was the first Hawkwind track that ever
sonically attacked my senses, drifting as it did out of a roommate's room
one fine day.  The blend of hard driving music coupled with weird sci-fi
lyrics piqued my attention and curiosity irrevocably.  Next thing I know,
I'm going "'Ere Dave, who the hell is *that*??"  I was hooked, and I don't
think my wallet has ever forgiven me since... ;-)

So, _This is Hawkwind, Do Not Panic_ is single-handedly responsible for
converting at least this Hawkfan, so I guess it can't be all bad, can it?
(I still have a big soft spot for it, and still think it "really rocks.")

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Slayer, _Reign in Blood_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.