HW: Palace Springs

Tony A. Rowe HawkLord at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 11 21:58:45 EDT 1997

<< >> I was beginning to get disenchanted and things
 >> only got worse with Palace Springs!
 >
 >     Blasphemy!! :)
 >     Palace Springs is one of my top HW albums, along with Doremi, Space
 >Ritual, and HotMG!  "Acid Test" is, admittedly *really* awful.  The rest of
 >it I like.  The "Assault & Battery/Golden Void" on it is one of my top HW
 >tracks!

 yeah, I have to agree that Palace Springs is one of the best-ever albums.
 snip snip snip 8<--------------------------------------
 John Majka >>

I'll put in another vote for Palace Springs as being one of my personal
faves.  The "Back in the Box" track is great, except for Bridgett Wishart's
vocals on it can make my teeth hurt.  I like her singing in other songs, but
I never liked her part as the androgynous TV-fed creature that needs to get
back in her box.  And I will stand up for "Acid Test".  It ain't Mozart, but
I wouldn't call it awful.

As William Shatner once said in a recent interview "When all of your work on
the cutting edge, sometimes you fall off the edge."  This was actually in
reference to HIS singing attempts with "Rocket Man" and "Tambourine Man".

Palace Springs was the third Hawkwind album I ever bought.  In fact, I bought
a CD player just so I could buy this album.  This was way back in 1991 and I
had just FINALLY found a store that carried Hawkwind albums on cassette, with
a total selection of TWO albums (Anthology 2 and Space Pirates).  All of you
in the UK don't know how lucky you have it at finding Hawkwind albums.  I
live in Los Angeles county, and it took me FOREVER to find stores that carry
the Hawkz.

Of course once I did buy that CD player, the floodgates opened and now I have
29 Hawkalbums on CD.  I never did find any more albums on cassette.

Tony