How Times Have Changed

Tony A. Rowe HawkLord at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 11 22:12:03 EDT 1997

<< I must say if my kids wanted to attend a rock concert I'd drag them to
 see BOC in a heartbeat.  Heck I'd even take them to see Ozzy.  The
 alternatives are frightening.

 L8er

 lil' ab >>

What the heck is wrong with Ozzy?  I've seen him several times (including the
one final (?) performance reunion with EVERY member of the original Black
Sabbath) and I have never noticed anything that a parent might take offence
to in the show (except the occasional naughty word).  I am also going to see
him at Oz Fest later this month (along with about nine million other bands,
including the afore-mentioned Marilyn Manson).

Actually, on the subject of Marilyn, I also saw them in concert recently.
 Actually, dragged to the concert is more like it.  My fiancee and her
younger brother wanted to go, but admittedly were a bit afraid of the show,
much like you.  Therefore, I was taken along as chaparone/bodyguard.  This
isn't so bad, really, I enjoy some of their songs.

What we saw was a show, a really BIG show.  This included different
backdrops, costume changes, props, platforms, and so on.  The band really
went all out at looking evil, with a backdrop of a ruined church and angels
on stakes, but it was nothing you wouldn't see in the movie "The Prophecy".
 The crowd was excited to see Marilyn, but they were surprisingly tame.  No
fights, no riots, no murders, no human sacrifices, just a big show and
everyone enjoying their favorite band performing live.  It really reminded me
of KISS from the 70s.

I wouldn't take an 11 year old to see Marilyn, but I think that an older
teenager will have no difficulty in differentiating fantasy from reality.

Tony