HW: Black Sword

Jeffrey Hoyt aa5543 at LCFN.ORG
Wed Jun 11 22:36:39 EDT 1997

Hi,

        I'm kinda new to the board, so this is my first time writing.  Just
wonderin', are there any other 15 year olds on here?  I'm almost 15
and I don't know any othere teens who like Hawkwind alot.  I never used
to like Hawkwind until I read the Elric series.  After I told my dad I
liked them (he got me i nterested), he told me to give Live Chronicles a
listen.  At first, I didn't wan't to, but, I'm very glad I did.  HW is
one of my favorite bands.

        Live Chronicles is the first one I have ever heard, and I really
can't explain why, but it's still my all around favorite Hawkwind album.
My point is, I don't see how any one can dislike the album totally.  I don't
like every single song on there, but the songs I do like (Song of the
Swords, The Sea King, Dreaming City, Moonglum and ESPECIALLY Needle Gun)
are, I think, have some very awesome guitar work (Huw).  I mean, who cares
if it's not the exact type of music they always do.  I think it's good
to have a combination of slightly diffrent types of music.  I know that
Hawkwind tries some songs that are radically diffrent.  Some of em make it,
some of em don't.  Like, compare Zarozina or Wastlands of Sleep to
Angels of Death and Motorhead.  If you never knew of Hawkwind, you would
probably never know there the same band at all.  So, if you don't like
Live Chronicles or the studio version (BTW, nay one have the newer CD with
the track Arioch on it?  Awesome, fast paced song.), listen to it without
comparing it to an other Hawkwind songs around.  Thats how I got into
more Hawkwind songs.  I literally hated all but Chronicles because it
was diffrent from a lot of there other stuff. So, I didn't compare and now
I like a lot of there stuff.

        I'm real sorry if I trailed off or something, I just felt like
putting my two cents in.  C-ya!

P.S.  If you would like, please post your five favorite Hawkwind albums
so I can get a good idea of whats out there.  As of now, I'd say mine are
(not in any order)

Live Chronicles, Levitaion, Mighty Hawkwind Classics, Out and Intake and
Quark, Strangeness and Charm (Any of you like Days of the Underground?  I
think it's weird, but pretty cool)

Jeff

--
Given a 50/50 chance, you will be wrong 90% of the time.