HW: Black Sword

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Jun 12 00:27:25 EDT 1997

>Hi,
>
>        I'm kinda new to the board, so this is my first time writing.  Just
>wonderin', are there any other 15 year olds on here?  I'm almost 15

Not that I know of, but don't let that stop you...

>        Live Chronicles is the first one I have ever heard, and I really
>can't explain why, but it's still my all around favorite Hawkwind album.

It's the first one I liked (having heard IITBOTFTBD before it) and remains
a favorite of mine...  I particularly miss the Huw stuff in the studio
version of the album (Moonglum, D&F, RP...)

>P.S.  If you would like, please post your five favorite Hawkwind albums
>so I can get a good idea of whats out there.  As of now, I'd say mine are
>(not in any order)
>
>Live Chronicles, Levitaion, Mighty Hawkwind Classics, Out and Intake and
>Quark, Strangeness and Charm (Any of you like Days of the Underground?  I
>think it's weird, but pretty cool)

Those are some of my favorites too, especially Levitation (which also gets
trashed on here by some...).  It really goes by mood, I guess.  There are
times when Space Bandits or Church are what I want to hear, but I can't really
call them my favorites.  HotMG, The Business Trip, WotEoT are probably my
favorites apart from Live Chronicles.

Since everyone else seems to trash some of my favorite Hawkwind Albums I'll add
that the one I really don't like from the early stuff is Space Ritual.
I mean, I like the songs on it on other albums, but it never does anything
really for me.  And I can't stand Brainstorm in any form.

Roger Shrubstaff                   ==   To dwell within Samsara, however
Barony of Silverwater                =   is to be subject to the works of those
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm=   who are mighty among dreamers.
(Andrew A. Apold)                   ==    - Mahasamatman