Palace Springs

Rob Stuckey etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Thu Jun 12 10:33:53 EDT 1997

>> I was beginning to get disenchanted and things
>> only got worse with Palace Springs!
>
>     Blasphemy!! :)
>     Palace Springs is one of my top HW albums, along with Doremi, Space
>Ritual, and HotMG!  "Acid Test" is, admittedly *really* awful.  The rest of
>it I like.  The "Assault & Battery/Golden Void" on it is one of my top HW
>tracks!

   Hiya, I haven't posted anything for a while, but something has
  to be said about this.
   I'd seen Hawkwind twice in the late eighties, but still wasn't
  convinced. Then one day I saw Palace Springs going cheap in a
  record shop so I bought it. A week later I listened to it for
  the first time while me and a friend were playing computer games.
   I nearly changed the CD when I heard Back In A Box, but then
  Assault & Battery came on and both my firend and I were instantly
  hooked. It's a brilliant song and clearly the best version of it.
   Golden Void and a superb Damnation Alley are both (arguably)
  better than the originals.

      bye - Rob