HW: Black Sword

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 07:01:17 EDT 1997

Andrew A Apold wrote:

> Those are some of my favorites too, especially Levitation (which also gets
> trashed on here by some...).

Levitation is a stunningly good prog/hard rock album. I suspect
that people on BOC-L slag it off because it isn't HW improv/blanga
but is clearly composed and sounds like a proper rock album.

> Since everyone else seems to trash some of my favorite Hawkwind Albums I'll add
> that the one I really don't like from the early stuff is Space Ritual.
> I mean, I like the songs on it on other albums, but it never does anything
> really for me.  And I can't stand Brainstorm in any form.

Get thee behind me Satan. Repent ye sinner. Don't like SR indeed! What
are you - a bloody Spice Girl or something?

Chris Bates