HW: Black Sword (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 07:41:38 EDT 1997

Jeff said:
>        I'm kinda new to the board, so this is my first time writing.  Just
>wonderin', are there any other 15 year olds on here?  I'm almost 15
>and I don't know any othere teens who like Hawkwind alot.

Hi Jeff

I may be 19 but in 1992 (I was aobut 12) my borther got me into hawkwind or
was it 91. Any way I was into Status quo then and I started liking the lbues
(Sometihng else hgot me into) and he played me a tape someone had done for
him. featurign a reange of hawkwidn sutff from masters of the unverse to
images. I really liked masters of the unveirse and shouldn't do that (not all
on there though) + the others and I got into them lsitneing to that. We
brougth eletric TeePee and  I liked osme on that but by thne I think my
borther had brougth afew hawkwind ablums like shouldn't do that and I was
hooked and it grow. Now my brother says I should borden my musical tasts
becuase all ever I listen to is stauts quo, hawkwind or blues. But hey when
there good why change! I am now hoping to go and see hawkwind for the frist
time this year. other times they have plaeyd aorund chirstmas when I've had
exams and it's always been in worthing which is to far form Haywards Heath. So
to make up for it I'm gogin to see them twice as long as thye play at reading
and oxford. Sorry for going on. I bet most ppl of this list rmeber hearing
hawkwidn in the 80s or even 70s.

Did any one here see hawkwind play live in 69/70?

My favourit hawkwind albusm are:

1 In sreach of space
- BBC live: Windsong (I tink that's the title)
- hall of the mountain gril
- warriro on the dge of time
- Space rital I+II

all get top rating and probably others but generalyt I go for concerts I like
or tours I like becuase sualy there's a good song on msot albums so I can't
really give a favourit. but windasonsg has to be the bets concert Iv'e got and
a bootleg from 1993 cambridge isn't far behind (that's due golden void
keybaord intro and Green finded demoned + studnik stan)

Tim Langner