HW: Black Sword (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 07:53:03 EDT 1997

>Is there a studio cut of Moonglum?

How did HYH write the song and hawkwind reharse it. Do bands when rehasring
tracks not issued on a studio album record them to play back becuase if so
then may be someone has a tpae somehwere and if they do then issue it please.

>Incidentally, when HW played the Acid Daze thing at Finsbury Park, Huw
>announced Moonglum and there was such a terrific cheer that he stood
>back and exchanged startled glances with Dave as if in shock at the
>magnitude of the response!

I'm not surprised at that becuase I have the tape of that gig and it's awsome
but then so is every other live recording I have of it. And I think I know why
it's so god. It's got a tune which I really like and on live cronicals a great
keyboard intro. I happen to like nay jkeybaords which are simalr in tune to
wind of change/lost conricals/blue shift and moonglum intro so if hawkwind did
a whol album of sutff soundign liek that with may be words spoken over the top
and some heavy bits inbetween I'd really like it alot. I like heavy hawkwind
but I also like hawkwind like that but what I don't like is eletronic hawkwind
like ITBOTFTBD where it's all to insturmentaly for far to long. good songs
sepratly but not collectively.