HW: Black Sword

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 11:15:55 EDT 1997

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Ken Alexander wrote:

> Hmmm.  I think that both Black Sword and Live Chronicles are great,
> *except* for "Needle Gun" which sucks ("oooh its gonna make you run"
> stupid lyrics, annoying tune, and totally out of place with the
> sword&sorcery setting).

        I think that `Needle Gun' is probably the `Beat 'Em Up' of
Hawkwind's corpus - good tune, naff lyrics. But I love the LC version all
the same, one of the best tracks on there. And it was cool on Saturday...
Yours,
       Jazza

P.S. It's not as bad as `Beat 'Em Up', on reflection...

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk        |
 |"Find the microwave and you shall find the bison!" Clare Boothby(1997)|