HW: Blackheath (Forward)

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 16:32:07 EDT 1997

Mark Edmonds writes:

> Tell me please! Which album has a live Damnation Alley on it? I fucking
> love this song (pardon my french) but I can't recall ever hearing them
> play it or to that matter think which album a live cut exists on.

>From the codex:

Damnation Alley
    1     Quark Strangeness And Charm
    1     Rock On - with Hawkwind and Van Der Graaf Generator
?   1 a   Hassan I Sabha/Damnation Alley Part 2 Italian 7"
 L  2     Hawkwind Live at Stonehenge and Watchfield
 L  2     Weird 103 - Free Festivals
 L  3     The Cyberspace Conspiracy
 L  4     Damnation Alley [bootleg CD]
 L  5     Palace Springs
 L  5     Hawkwind Anthology triple CD box set [Castle Communications]
 L  6     The Secret Tepee [Bootleg CD]

      *   1a is a cut from the last part of 1

well it looks as if (once you ignore the bootlegs which are pretty much
unavailable anyway) you are left with......   Palace Springs!

Either that or the Wierd Tape version which I can't remember off hand.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk