HW: Black Sword

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 11:52:31 EDT 1997

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Chris Bates wrote:

> > Those are some of my favorites too, especially Levitation (which also gets
> > trashed on here by some...).
>
> Levitation is a stunningly good prog/hard rock album. I suspect
> that people on BOC-L slag it off because it isn't HW improv/blanga
> but is clearly composed and sounds like a proper rock album.

        Glad someone agrees with me on that - Levitation is not a bad
album, you just need to come to it openly, no filters set. The first HW I
ever heard was off Levitation. Still, the first real album I ever heard
was `Space Ritual' - thanks Carl...

> > Since everyone else seems to trash some of my favorite Hawkwind Albums I'll add
> > that the one I really don't like from the early stuff is Space Ritual.
> > I mean, I like the songs on it on other albums, but it never does anything
> > really for me.  And I can't stand Brainstorm in any form.
>
> Get thee behind me Satan. Repent ye sinner. Don't like SR indeed! What
> are you - a bloody Spice Girl or something?

        I think there is definitely a case to answer here...  Jazza

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk        |
 |"Find the microwave and you shall find the bison!" Clare Boothby(1997)|