HW: Black Sword

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jun 12 05:10:13 EDT 1997

In article <199706120236.AA12940 at lcfn.org>, Jeffrey Hoyt
<aa5543 at LCFN.ORG> writes
>Hi,
>
>        I'm kinda new to the board, so this is my first time writing.  Just
>wonderin', are there any other 15 year olds on here?  I'm almost 15
>and I don't know any othere teens who like Hawkwind alot.  I never used
>to like Hawkwind until I read the Elric series.  After I told my dad I
>liked them (he got me i nterested), he told me to give Live Chronicles a
>listen.  At first, I didn't wan't to, but, I'm very glad I did.  HW is
>one of my favorite bands.
What an excellant ol' man you have! Commend him on his immpeccable
taste. (and get him something nice on Father's Day next week) 2 years
ago my son got me the CD of IITBOTFTBD, despite being 3 at the time (I
guess Mom helped). Unfortunately, he prefers Madness to Hawkwind and
likes ska in general over space rock, for some strange reason.

>P.S.  If you would like, please post your five favorite Hawkwind albums
>so I can get a good idea of whats out there.  As of now, I'd say mine are
>(not in any order)

I don't think I could narrow it down to 15 let alone 5 but I like the
ones other people don't seem to like so much, Xenon Codex, Church of
Hawkwind, Sonic Attack, Choose Your Masques, PXR 5, Space Bandits,
Electric Tepee, Doremi, Warrior, all Nik's solo stuff (ICU were THE
rockinest band I ever saw (or at least a close 2nd to Iggy Pop)

I think Palace Springs is a bit ho-hum, and Levitation, I dunno, I enjoy
it when I put it on, I just never seem to choose it.

I don't like Zarozinia. <g>

--
Jon Browne