HW: Black Sword

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jun 12 18:21:21 EDT 1997

Jeffrey Hoyt writes:

> Hi,
>
>         I'm kinda new to the board, so this is my first time writing.

Welcome!

> wonderin', are there any other 15 year olds on here?  I'm almost 15

ah - not me, sorry!   It's a while since I last saw 15....   8-(

>         Live Chronicles is the first one I have ever heard, and I really
> can't explain why, but it's still my all around favorite Hawkwind album.
> My point is, I don't see how any one can dislike the album totally.  I don't
> like every single song on there, but the songs I do like (Song of the
> Swords, The Sea King, Dreaming City, Moonglum and ESPECIALLY Needle Gun)
> are, I think, have some very awesome guitar work (Huw).  I mean, who cares
> if it's not the exact type of music they always do.  I think it's good
> to have a combination of slightly diffrent types of music.  I know that
> Hawkwind tries some songs that are radically diffrent.  Some of em make it,

<rest snipped to save space>

thanks for writing all that!  You said almost everything I had been going to
but hadn't got around to writing.

cheers

jill

> P.S.  If you would like, please post your five favorite Hawkwind albums

In Search of Space, Sonic Attack, Levitation, Spirit of the Age
(Charisma compilation - not the other one) Palace Springs, Love In
Space, It Is the Biz etc.(yep!), Space Bandits (!), Quark Strangeness
and Charm.   Hmm more than 5 and in no particular order and subject to
change without notice....

There was a poll done on this once.   It should be in the archives
somewhere.

> so I can get a good idea of whats out there.  As of now, I'd say mine are
> (not in any order)
>
> Live Chronicles, Levitaion, Mighty Hawkwind Classics, Out and Intake and
> Quark, Strangeness and Charm (Any of you like Days of the Underground?  I
> think it's weird, but pretty cool)

yep - I do like this one.   You should get hold of some more releases
from the Calvert era by the sounds of things.

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk