How Times Have Changed

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Thu Jun 12 03:24:03 EDT 1997

Adrian wrote:
> When I was a young lad back in the 70's; I took a lot of verbal abuse
> from my auntie.  She felt that BOC was demonic and a bad influence to
> kids in general.  Now, as a parent, I find myself pondering such things.
>  Is BOC music acceptable to me as an adult?  After seeing the shock rock
> band GWAR (Jerry Springer Show) and the recent flap over Marilyn Manson
> I must say if my kids wanted to attend a rock concert I'd drag them to
> see BOC in a heartbeat.  Heck I'd even take them to see Ozzy.  The
> alternatives are frightening.

Shockrock? What a laugh! I couldn't believe how silly these guys looked; it's all done
before, they play badly and it's so fucking childish. Hahaha! In Holland we have just
had a tour of British band Rockbitch; six bisexual and lesbian women and one man doing
everything on stage they sing about, among "Fistfuck". Ah, you probably have read about
this...
Alright, I wouldn't take my kid to see Rockbitch before he / she would be, what, twelve?
:-)

Jerry