Surgeons in Toronto

Eric Siegerman erics at NOW.COM
Thu Jun 12 18:41:21 EDT 1997

Albert T Bouchard wrote:

> We are also playing [...] El Mocambo in Toronto on
> Friday June 13 and the Star Bar in Buffalo on Saturday June 14.

It should be pointed out that the Toronto date is part of the
North by Northeast festival (aka NXNE).  This implies a couple of
things.

- The bummer:  only one set, and it's a short one.  They schedule
  several bands per venue per evening, in one-hour slots -- and
  keep *strictly* to the schedule.  The bands play for somewhere
  in the 40-50 minute range; I can't remember.

  So if you're travelling any distance just for the Brain
  Surgeons, you probably want to stay in the area an extra day
  and hit the Buffalo show too.

- The plug:  NXNE is way cool!  Lots of great bands, lots of
  variety (at least there has been in the past).  If you *are*
  coming to the Surgeons' Toronto gig, plan on making an evening
  of it and catching some of the other bands.

  A wristband is $29 and gets you into all concerts over three
  nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat) -- that's any 15 out of about 375
  possible gigs.  Or you can pay as you go; dunno how much the
  single-concert prices are.  Oh yeah, I *think* wristbands get
  priority if it's full.

- The disclaimer:  I work for NOW Magazine, one of the festival's
  major sponsors.  But I'm a computer guy, not a salescritter!
  But I've been to the thing for the last two years, and had a
  blast both times.  I wouldn't have plugged it otherwise.

- The apology:  Very sorry for pointing this out so soon before
  the gig!  As you can tell, I'm a *bit* behind in my reading :-(

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at now.com
|  |  /
Question:  When was the Golden Age of Science Fiction?
Asimov's Answer:  13.