Off GWAR & Kids/Motorhead & Wasp

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Thu Jun 12 21:19:12 EDT 1997

> Ah forget that PC crap Ron, I don't believe in it.  Just say what you
> feel.  On the sheep count, I'll have to consult my diary to be sure.
> 8>).  I would disagree with you somewhat, depending on the age, maturity
> and general intelligence of a child you have to be somewhat concerned
> with they  expose themselves to.  If they start acting and dressing like
> Manson or GWAR its probably too late.  I was a big Kiss fan in the 70's;
> 17-18 years old at the time.  I didn't wear makeup and spit blood; I was
> aware it was all image.  When your young you eventually reach a point
> where you can separate image from substance; when you know this is a
> bands marketing tool but not necessarily who or what they are.

PC- i dont believe in it much either. if we were in private i would have
said it, but dint want to piss you off by saying it publicly.
it wasnt important anyway. its just that (putting it nicely) i think your
aunt {?} is a silly goose. ;)
ok. i was assuming the kids in question were old ennough to be going out
and purchasing their own music? (13^)
if they are younger than that they are maybe too young. but if not- if they
are teenagers, and dont have common sense... they most likely never will,
and it
maybe doesnt matter what you do.
hey i may be a hardcase, i dunno. but i feel there comes a certain level of
stupidity at which people are probably too dumb to live anyway.
and as me old uncle used ta say, "ya gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough."

> But what if you can't tell the difference?  What then?  Yeah this is a
> little extreme and I don't mean to intimate that all 12 years olds will
> don demonic masks and start terrorizing other kids because GWAR or
> Manson said so.  No, kids should be given more credit than that.
> However all parents should be concerned with what their children do and
> see until they are comfortable that the little ones are capabale of
> thinking clearly for themselves.  Seriously, we have adults ready to
> hitchike on comets because some loon convinced them a spaceship was
> hidden in its tail.  If adults, with education and life experiences can
> stretch out so far don't you think we have to be concerned with young
> people?

hey i agree with this p'graph whole heartedly. but you must find a medium.
there
are tons of parents who think it's everyone else's job to raise their kids
for them,
and tons more who are so overly protective that their kids grow up to be
nice calm artichokes.
by all means give the kids some credit. i was a total hellion when i was
young, but am none the worse. i have an education. i finally graduated
Highschool last month.
i am in school for computers ( a good one, too), and i have a job on top of
it, as a tech support person for panasonic. i have done more drugs than
anyone i know, (who lived), and my brain still works- most of the time. if
i could keep these damned gnomes out of my pantry, i'd be happier. oh- i
babble a lot, too. but thats cos i never see the sun anymore, and have
forgotten what my wife looks like.
rj