Palace Springs

Fri Jun 13 11:27:15 EDT 1997

On fre 13 jun 1997 03.00 "Jon Jarrett" <jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> > On tor 12 jun 1997 16.46 "Jon Jarrett" <jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK> wrote:
> > > Yes to Golden Void - but the Sonic Assassins version kicks the
> > > Palace Springs in to a very small bucket.
> >
> >     Jazza old son, I maintain you are subsumed by madness and delusion
> > here.  I recall rather weak sound from the Sonic Assassins gig, and
> > moreover reckon Golden Void without A&B is incomplete.  So there ;)
>
>         Carl, you yourself have criticised almost every HW album but SR
> for not being "crushingly heavy enough"; on this count alone the `Sonic
> Assassins' one wins hands down. But it would be nice to hear all of it.
> Does the original recording have both parst on? I only have the F&R
> cut...

    I don't believe the Sonic Assassins combined the two.  And I still
don't believe the SA one matches the _PS_ one in richness of sound.
(Though this sounds like an excellent excuse for us to meet and compare.)

    I also don't like A&B seperated from GV, except one the Griffin _Live
Chronicles_ where I think it kind of works.

     And I think the original WotEoT A&B/GV was not crushingly heavy
enough, for all that it had Lemmy playing on it :)

Cheers,
Carl