BOC : Summer Daze at Merriweather and More Gwar Stuff

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Jun 13 11:11:41 EDT 1997

I was hoping to share a review of the Merriweather Post show from last
night.  I did not plan to make this show and in fact I'm not sure it
even happened.  Merriweather is an outdoor venue and it did rain some
here yesterday.  None of the newspapers have anything to say about the
show.  One choose to include a review of the John Mellencamp show which
happened wenesday.

More Gwar

RJ said>PC- i dont believe in it much either. if we were in private i
would have said it, but dint want to piss you off by saying it publicly.
it wasnt important anyway. its just that (putting it nicely) i think
your
aunt {?} is a silly goose. ;)

Hey that was my thinking then and now. 8>)

RJ said> hey i agree with this p'graph whole heartedly. but you must
find a medium. there are tons of parents who think it's everyone else's
job to raise their kids for them, and tons more who are so overly
protective that their kids grow up to be nice calm artichokes.  by all
means give the kids some credit. i was a total hellion when i was young,
but am none the worse. i have an education. i finally graduated
Highschool last month. i am in school for computers ( a good one, too),
and i have a job on top of it, as a tech support person for panasonic. i
have done more drugs than anyone i know, (who lived), and my brain still
works- most of the time. if i could keep these damned gnomes out of my
pantry, i'd be happier. oh- i babble a lot, too. but thats cos i never
see the sun anymore, and have forgotten what my wife looks like.

Man this took some courage to say and I admire you greatly for it.  I'm
longwinded and many times the point gets lost in the data overflow.
Like you I was pretty wild and loose in my younger days too.  Lots of
smoke and beer so wonder I have any grey matter left at all.  But I
think you hit it on the button if we survive these days we usually turn
out the better for it.  Bottom line I guess I was trying to say I've
reached that point in my life with my kids getting older that I am
becoming my parents.  I think this is inevitable for most of us who
choose to become parents and accept full responsiblility for it.  Not
all do as you point out, some choose  to defer to the school system or
the police for what they have wrought.  And you are also right that you
can be overprotective and create someone not capable of functioning for
themselves.

With my guys I try to give them the facts on a subject and then let them
come to a conclusion.  Take marijuana.  Tell them the pro's and con's,
the truth consequences and rewards if any and then let them make up
thier own minds.  If you instilled in them the need to think things
through and realize their are consequences, good and bad, you let them
fly from there.  Can't do much more than that.

Born To go Tape -
>I did, I did!!! Got mine yesterday and like it. Good job guys!!!
Pam

Marc>Yes, we think that we have really hit our stride with Navigator,
lots of
folk have had really good things to say about that track. We will be
performing it tonight, live for the first time.

I'll be checking your website for more info on the Space Rock fest.
Sounds Like it will be a real blast.  If I make it can you and the band
autograph my copy of the tape?  Never know what kind of value that could
have in the future. 8>)

According to the local papers Fates Warning is comming to Jaxx 8/8.
Terrific, hope Kevin Moore is still jamming with them.  Must have been a
short European tour though.

L8er

lil' ab

"When a nice clean brain tumbles to the dirty street
to lie among the discarded wrappers and spat out gum wads of wickedness,
you can't just pick it and wash it off with soap and water; you gotta
think it clean form the inside out." - The Tick

obcd - Dream Theater - Awake