HW: Levitation - couple of questions

Allan T. Grohe, Jr. AGrohe at IGATE.SPRINT.COM
Fri Jun 13 12:14:07 EDT 1997

>>I thought that Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was among the first:
>>I seem to recall seeing Digital Master recordings of it at record
shows
>>some years ago.  That would push the digital threshold back to '72-73.
>
>Hmmmmm, you could be right but I would be very surprised if quality
>digital recording existed in 1972!

Given the sound quality of DSotM, I would not doubt it.  That has always

been one of the best sounding recordings I've listened to, no matter
what
format, for years.  Maybe they just did a brilliant job with analog?  I
know
that DSotM was used while shopping for new stereo systems, as an ideal
"test" medium.

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.              agrohe at igate.sprint.com
http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr    iscladoc at idir.net