cotbs

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Jun 13 12:42:22 EDT 1997

Daniel Wikdahl wrote:

> Ron:
>
> >what you forget, is that jerry c. IS elric, and that the needlegun IS
> >stormbringer.
>
> Hup... what? why? how? Please explain.
> I've got one JC book but I haven't read it yet.
>         mvh -Daniel

        Well, to put it simply, almost every Moorcock character is an aspect of
the eternal champion, a person (thing?) that goes through an eternal
continuation of different incarnations, each incarnation being defined
by the particular social needs and situation that each place/time has
set up. That is social needs define a cultures' mythology.
        Whether Elric/Jerry/Erikose/Corum/Hawkmoon/Etc simultaneously, in
different universes, different time-streams, or further along in the
same time, depends on the specific setting.
        Well, I hope that was at least a little lucid, as I only woke up ten
minutes ago.

- Max Wilcox